How can I change my name in PAN India?
How can I change my name in PAN India?
A name change in PAN India can be done by applying for a new PAN card. For example, this can be done through an application submitted to the Income Tax Department when applying for a new passport. The name will only change on this document, but not on other documents like passport, driving license, etc.
1. Date of Birth
- Date of Birth: The date of birth should be in YYYY-MM-DD format. The supporting documents should also be submitted in the same format as mentioned in these documents.
- Name: You can change your name using this service if you are a resident or non-resident Indian (NRI). If a minor is filing for a name change, they need to submit parental consent and their application.
2. Full Name
Full name is the name mentioned in your PAN card and should be entered in English or Hindi, in the same order as it appears on your PAN card. In addition, the name should be written in capital letters. If you don’t know if your full names are as per the PAN card, then enter what you think would be appropriate since the amendment request can be made later.
3. Permanent Account Number (PAN)
A PAN is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department to all taxable entities. It is a permanent account number, and it is valid for life. It is required for all transactions involving cash above Rs. Fifty thousand single or multiple transactions that appear to be linked or have a common purpose are conducted for one financial year (FY) for an individual or business entity. Apart from this, if you are an Indian citizen with foreign assets worth more than Rs. 1 lakh on which taxes haven’t been paid, then you will need to submit details about these assets along with your income tax return (ITR). You would also need to mention the country where these foreign assets are located, along with other information such as full name, address, etc., on Form 6809C called Additional Statement Under Section 60AAA(2).
4. Address for communication
- The address for communication should be the same as the address mentioned in your PAN application form.
- The address for communication should be the same as the address mentioned on your PAN card.
- The address for communication should be the same as the address mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
5. Jurisdiction of your Ward/Circle or CPIO of the Income Tax Department
You should contact the Income Tax Department under whose jurisdiction your Ward or Circle comes. also write to the CPIO of the Income Tax Department, New Delhi, and include a copy of your PAN Card, change name request letter, and other relevant documents. You must approach your local Income Tax Office if you are registered outside India.
6. Copy of supporting documents for a name change. In the case of a married woman, a copy of supporting documents is required for change in surname only in the form of a marriage certificate or a declaration in the prescribed format.
- Copy of supporting documents for the name change. In the case of a married woman, a copy of supporting documents is required for change in surname only in the form of a marriage certificate or a declaration in the prescribed format.
Change In Name After Marriage (Form No. 20) – Form 20 is to be submitted together with other relevant documents or certificates mentioned below:
- Proof of Date & Place Of Birth (Local Civil Registry Certificate Or Any Other Document)
- Proof Of Date Of Marriage And Place Were Married (Local Civil Registry Certificate Or Any Other Document)
How to change the name in a PAN card
You can change your name on your PAN card in the following ways:
- By visiting the office of the income-tax department.
- By sending an application and required documents to the I-T department at its head office address.
- Through online method by visiting www dot income-tax dot gov dot in the website and logging into efiling website with authorized user ID/password
If one of these criteria is not met, you will need to apply for a change in PAN card. You must fill out the relevant form and submit it with supporting documents. The process generally takes at least ten days from submitting the application at your local Income Tax Department office.
One thought on “How can I change my name in PAN India?”
Such an amazing blog! thank you for sharing this to us